Pages

Monday, February 11, 2019

Meal Planning Monday

Here's to a brand new week! One thing that has always helped my husband and I stay on track with our grocery shopping and healthy eating is meal planning. Pre-baby we would make a list on Saturday mornings and then head out to the store and be really good about ONLY getting what was on our list. We would actually pride ourselves on this trusty little habit.

Well, if we're being honest here, after baby it's been kind of a mess. Some weeks I plan, some weeks we plan, some weeks we don't plan at all and then whoops we're over budget on our groceries...again!  Ya'll dinner time is hard with a baby! It used to be calm, enjoyable, and a way for my husband and I to both wind down at the end of our work days. Now, NOW it's a wild child whose hungry and demands to be fed, then bath time, jammies, books, bottle, and then bed. Wait, when did we eat? I'm not actually sure, but it does seem to happen. Somewhere in between the chaos of our evening routine I suppose. I might eat my dinner in one hand while I'm carrying the baby up for bath time. Who knows?

So, here I am trying my best to take control of our grocery bills and planning out our weekly meals once and for all.

Monday:

Mix and Match Mama's Sausage tray Supper - Roasted Sausage, potatoes,  and veggies. This looks quick and easy to make and clean up - which I'm learning is essential with a baby.

Tuesday:

Spaghetti Squash with Italian Sausage - healthy, easy, and again quick clean up!

Wednesday:

Buddha Bowls - We try and do one veggie night a week and these are a favorite. We usually do quinoa, sweet potatoes, carrots, avocado, lettuce, toasted nuts, and a runny egg on top.

Thursday:

Valentines day dinner - Hopefully coming up with something a little creative for this!

Friday:

Out to eat!- We try to eat at home as much as possible but Fridays are usually our night to grab something quick and not have to worry about clean up!

Here's to hoping this week is less chaotic at dinner time!




No comments:

Post a Comment