Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Breckenridge

Good Morning! Happy Tuesday!

December is underway and before we know it we'll be in 2020. Yikes! One of the goals that Jesse and I had for ourselves in 2019 was to travel more and I'm so proud of us for actually doing it! We love to travel and the two vacations that we went on (other than visiting family) are places that we would go to again and again and again.

First up was our most recent trip to Breckenridge, CO. The night that we got into town it was absolutely picturesque. It was a Saturday night so people were out and about in the downtown area, it began snowing, and there were Christmas carolers! I was sold! I felt like I was in the North Pole, right then and there.

Eating out with our 18 month old is getting to be more and more of a challenge. Jesse ended up just getting takeout from a pizza place downtown, while Addie and I picked out a new toy for our vrbo. It worked out perfectly!

                                       

The next morning, we woke up and got ready for the ski lessons I had scheduled for us. Skiing is something I've never done but have always wanted to do! We were pretty nervous, and I think as an adult it's kinda hard to learn something new sometimes!

We headed over to the gondolas and started our trek up the mountain. Ya'll the views were beautiful! The mountains are absolutely my happy place.



Once, we got Addie settled into childcare we were fitted in our ski gear and off we went to lessons.

Ya'll learning something new is hard and scary! Especially, when you are going down a mountain! We had lessons from about 10am to 3:00pm with a lunch break in there. We had a fantastic teacher and by the time lunch was over we were ready to head up the ski lift and down the bunny slopes.



I was not ready for the ski lift! I do not even like roller coasters, so the ski lift freaked me out at first. I was terrified of falling off and wasn't quite sure how I was going to get off the ski lift when I was supposed to. Gah. I was nervous, but ya know what? After that first time the ski lift became my most favorite part of skiing! Haha it was so peaceful to sit just sit there and check out the views. The mountains are just beautiful!



We had so much fun! We both had a few falls but nothing too serious. Phew!

By the end of the day we were the most tired I think we've ever been. I used muscles that I didn't even know existed.

We woke up on Monday and just had a quiet day. I, unintentionally, went to a super granola yoga class in the morning to help stretch out my incredibly sore body from the day before. We had lunch downtown, shopped around a bit, and all in all just rested up for the next day.



We woke up for our last day on the mountains and had the best time. We felt like pros! We headed up the gondola again, got fitted for our clothes, and this time we just got to ski!



We started out on the bunny slopes and skied all morning long. We took a break for lunch, and even that was extra special because the patios and views are breathtaking! Once we finished up lunch, I was a little over confident and decided we needed to try out the next slope over. Well, the ski lift was a long ride up to the top of the mountain. Once again, the views were beautiful, but getting down was going to be a different story. We were up so high!



We went real slow, or tried to at least! Much more serious skiers and snowboarders zoomed past us real fast. I fell once, and definitely tweaked a muscle in my inner thigh, but we made it down alive and headed immediately back to the bunny slopes.

We finished up our day on the slopes, headed down the mountain on the gondola, picked up a crepe downtown, and got ready to head home.



We were so sad to leave! Breckenridge, we will most definitely be back!







No comments:

Post a Comment