Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2020

A few things

Well, it's been a hot minute since I've posted and A LOT has been going on. The latest in the news is that we all need to be in quarantine for this covid-19 virus. It's wild, it's scary, it's unknown but it will all be okay... eventually. 

The funny thing for our household is that we are finding out that we already live in quarantine and didn't even know it! As a stay at home mom to a 1 year old we only go a few places regularly other than the grocery store so we're not missing much. My husband works from home full time already so the only thing that changes for us on a regular basis is less going out to eat and no gym time. 

With all the crazy news lately here are some positives that I am looking at in these uncertain times: 

  •  A true reset: with no extra things on our schedule we are spending more intentional time as a family. We are truly not rushing to be anywhere at anytime. 

  • Neighbors: So, normally when I go on walks at any point during our day I see maybe 1 or 2 other people. I went on a walk yesterday and felt like our whole street was out! I loved this! I love meeting more neighbors and spending time outside with everyone. We are truly in this together and we need each other to make it through this crazy time!

  • Online library: I've been downloading books on my kindle and reading away. I am loving any book by Sophie Kinsella right now. I can always count on her to make me laugh and give me some truly mindless, silly, fun content. 

  •  Potty Training... maybe?: This would be an ideal time to potty train my almost 2 year old! We can't go anywhere right now and diapers are getting harder and harder to find so we might just try and tackle this one soon! 

  • Warmer weather: Ya'll can you imagine this happening in the dead of winter?! Now, that would be a doozy. With the warmer weather we can all still be outside, go on a runs, go for a bike ride, grab some chalk with your kiddo - just go play! This is a great opportunity to pick up a healthy habit that will definitely help with all this gross stress. 

  • My moms group: my mom's group at church meets twice a month at a wine bar and we drink a little wine and talk a lot about Jesus. Now, that we're not meeting at the restaurant we're planning on doing a virtual wine night! Especially during this time we need each other, and we definitely need to keep our faith growing and strong to help keep our chins up right now for our families. 

  • Running: Oh my goodness, where would I be without running? I am so thankful for this sweet sport that is always there! I am so thankful that I can lace up my shoes and get out for some miles. Those endorphins are always a positive to my day!

Alright, off to grab a few essentials at the store! I heard Target wasn't crazy so we're going to try there first. 

Tell me some positives that you are seeing in the world right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment