Pages

Monday, December 30, 2019

My most favorite holiday activities this year

Ya'll I love the holidays and with a toddler this year I knew they were going to be even more magical! These are some of my favorite holiday activities that we did this year and I think it's safe to say that I want to do ALL of them again next year!

1.) Christmas Tree: One of my favorite holiday traditions growing up was putting up our Christmas tree. Well this year we attempted to put it up with Addie Grace. We quickly learned that she wanted to play with all of the glass ornaments. So we ended up decorating after she went to bed. Maybe next year tree decorating will go a little smoother.



2.) Legacy Lights: Since we were having our house painted we had to have an impromptu hotel stay the night before Thanksgiving. It was so fun to stay at the Shops of Legacy in Plano, see their lights, grab some dinner and relax before Thanksgiving day! We even talked about making this a tradition!



3.) Trains at North Park Center: I took Addie to the trains the day before Thanksgiving and it was perfect! We grabbed an early lunch and then went straight to the trains at about 11:30.  I knew she would have fun but wasn't sure if she was still too little for this one. Ya'll, this girl loved the trains more than I could have anticipated! She was laughing so hard and squealing for the trains as they zoomed by on their different tracks. If you have a one year old I would definitely recommend going.








4.) Downtown McKinney: So, Downtown McKinney is actually my favorite spot in all of DFW, but once you add in Christmas it takes the downtown to a whole new level. Since last Friday we've been there 3 times (and it's only Tuesday), and we plan on going back down for pictures with Santa on Thursday! They have a Home for the Holidays festival, with a tree lighting, music, carnival games, and we went for the petting zoo since Addie is loving all things animals!





Downtown McKinney is the perfect place to grab a latte and lunch at one of the many cozy cafes and shop for gifts since it's full of unique boutiques.

Addie is currently obsessed with the Christmas sleigh they have on one of the corners. There is always so much to do!

5.) Pictures with Santa: For the past two years we've gone to the Santa in downtown Mckinney. Last year she was too little she didn't know what was going on and this year she was absolutely horrified.

Waiting for our turn to take Santa pics!

First year santa pic vs second year santa pic...

6.) Carriage Ride: This is the second year we've done this and it is probably my favorite holiday activity! We go down to Dallas for dinner, grab some hot cocoa and hop on a horse drawn carriage to see Christmas lights on some of the most beautiful home in DFW. Addie kept staying "wow" as we passed different houses. It was so sweet!






7.) Christmas Cookie Party: I was bound and determined this year to decorate Christmas cookies with Addie. So, I invited a few of our girlfriends over and their kiddos and we gave our best go at decorating cookies with toddlers. I would say 90% of the icing went into their mouths and 10% went on the cookies. We had so much fun with our friends though and we'll definitely give it another go next year!










That's it! That's a wrap! We have one more fun New Years Eve "party" with some friends to round out our holiday season and then that's it for 2019!

We've had such a busy and fun past few months in 2019 I feel like I need to schedule some fun things for 2020 asap!



No comments:

Post a Comment